Soft and chewy homemade Fig Almond No Bake Energy Bites with almond butter, figs, dates, oats, and flaxseed. No bake, healthy, and way better than those tortilla chips in your pantry! Check out some of the benefits of these ingredients:
Almond Butter: Packed full of essential nutrients. It is a good source of healthy fats, fiber and vitamins and minerals.
Figs: Have the potential to improve digestion and decrease constipation, help manage blood fat and blood sugar levels.
Dates: High in several nutrients, fiber, and antioxidants, all of which may provide health benefits ranging from improved digestion to a reduced risk of disease.
Oats: Packed with important vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
Flaxseed: Can be used to improve digestive health, lower blood pressure and bad cholesterol.
PREP TIME: 15 MINS
COOK TIME: NONE!
TOTAL TIME: 15 MINS
Servings: 18 Energy Bites
- 15 dried Mission figs (6 ounces)
- 7 pitted Mejool dates (4 ounces)
- 1/4 cup natural almond butter
- 3/4 cup oats, either old fashioned or quick cooking (gluten free if necessary)
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed meal
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Place all of the ingredients in the bowl of a KitchenAid® 13-Cup Food Processor fitted with a steel blade. Pulse a few times to loosely combine, then with a rubber spatula, scrape down the sides of the bowl. Blend and pulse for 2-3 minutes, until the mixture begins to clump and sticks to the sides of the bowl, stopping to scrape down the bowl as needed.
- Portion the mixture into your hands, then roll the mixture into any sized balls you like. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Nutrition Serving: 1(of 18), Calories: 70, Carbohydrates: 15.4g, Protein: 1.4g, Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 0.1g, Fiber: 2.6g, Sugar: 9.7g
*IMPORTANT NOTE: * Refrigerate leftover Fig Almond Energy Bites in an airtight container for up to two weeks. The bites will be safe to eat longer but will begin to dry out. They can be eaten directly from the fridge, though I like to let them sit at room temperature for a few minutes before munching.RECIPE AND IMAGES FROM ERIN CLARKE / WELL PLATED