The Valor Fitness OB-DL Deadlift Bar is the perfect addition to your arsenal of strength training tools if you are looking to break through barriers and reach your maximum deadlifting potential. A true Deadlift Bar, the OB-DL is constructed of steel for strength and durability during heavy deadlifts. Weighing 45 lb with a tensile strength of 165,000 PSI, this bar can handle up to 1,200 lb and has quality bushings to allow the bar to remain functional through constant use.
- HEAVY DUTY DEADLIFT BAR- The OB-DL is constructed of high-quality steel for strength and durability during heavy deadlifts! The 20kg/45lb barbell has 165,000 PSI tensile strength, with heavy-duty bushings and a protective rubber ring on the collar.
- ENHANCED BAR FLEX- This deadlift bar measures 90.5" in length, allowing each 14.5" sleeve to be further from the center of the bar, placing plates further from the center. Combined with the thinner bar diameter of 27 mm (compared to the 28-29 mm of an Olympic barbell), this makes it easier for you to initiate the pull higher and deadlift heavier weight off the floor!
- AGGRESSIVE KNURLING- Allows you to have a stronger, firmer grip on the deadlift bar compared to an Olympic barbell without excessively tearing into your hands. The knurling holds weight lifting chalk well, and the bar features a powerlifting knurl mark on each side of the knurling, 7.5" from the knurl-free center of the deadlift bar.
- WIDE COLLARS- 56.5" of barbell length between the collars. Each collar measures 2.5". ETCHED SLEEVES- Our OB-DL Deadlift Bar features 14.5" of loadable sleeve length, each with fine grooves so your steel plates or bumper plates won't slide during your deadlift workout!
- ADDITIONAL- Recommended max weight load of 1,200 lb. The OB-DL is meant strictly for deadlift use. This deadlift bar is not designed for squats, bench press, or any Olympic weightlifting or cross training movements. The OB-DL should not be racked at any height or dropped from shoulder height.
What makes this bar so special and how can it potentially help you deadlift more weight? With a bar length of 90.5”, which is longer than a standard bar, the sleeves are further from the center and places the plates further from the center also. This, combined with a bar diameter of 27 mm, enhances the flex of the bar to make it easier for you to initiate the pull higher, faster, and potentially lift heavier weight off the floor. To ensure you take advantage of this for each lift, make sure to reset the bar between sets to get the bar back to straight – because of the flex, the plates will hit the floor before the bar returns to straight.
The thinner bar diameter, compared to the standard bar diameter of 28 mm, makes it easier to grip along with the more aggressive knurling. The knurling allows you to have a stronger, firmer grip on the bar compared to a standard bar but will not excessively tear into your hands. The zinc coating will also further enhance the grip. Featuring no center knurl, each side of the knurl has a powerlifting mark measuring 7.5” from the center so you can strategically place your hands and find the best grip width for you. Each collar, measuring 2.5” wide each and 56.5” of bar length between them, has a protective rubber ring.
Protect your bar by regularly wiping it down with a soft, nylon brush and using a light coat of WD-40. Use of a brass brush may break down the zinc coating of the bar.
Note: the Valor Fitness OB-DL Deadlift Bar is meant strictly for deadlift use ONLY. It is not designed for squats, bench presses, or any Olympic weightlifting or cross training movements. The OB-DL should not be racked at any height and should not be dropped from shoulder height or from overhead positions.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
Will there be longer sleeve lengths in the near future? The length is 1 inch shorter on average compared to Texas Deadlift bar, Rogue Ohio Deadlift bar, Strongarm Fitness Deadlift bar and ISF Deadlift bar.
Thanks for your question. At this time, we are not in development of longer sleeve lengths - however, I will pass this onto our product development team and see if we can get something started.
How does the knurling and whip compare to a rogue or Ohio deadlift bar?
This specialist deadlifting bar is rated for loads up to 1200 pounds, has plenty of whip to make getting heavy loads moving easier, and has an attractive black finish.
The deep knurling means you’ll be able to maintain a solid grip even with sweaty hands.
This is an excellent deadlift bar that should provide many years of faithful service.
Feel free to watch our YouTube video on our OB-DL Deadlift bar.