Are you a beginner looking to improve your weightlifting technique? Or a coach that wishes to properly train your newest athletes with a bar that suits their skill level? Those that are new to weightlifting and the many complex movements involved in weight training can often struggle to properly learn those movements if they are using a barbell that isn’t right for them.
TRAINING BARBELL- The OB-72T is the perfect training barbell for beginners and kids learning new weight lifting movements before advancing to a heavier Olympic bar. Max load of 100 lb, but once 60 lb is reached we recommend switching to a steel barbell.
LIGHT WEIGHT BAR- 6.8kg/15 lb barbell with 34k PSI tensile strength ensures kids and new weight lifters start with a bar that suits them! Because this technique bar is constructed of aluminum, it should only accommodate training with light weights.
ETCHED SLEEVES- Features 9" sleeves with fine grooves for better grip on weight plates during technique training. Ensures a safe and efficient training session for the athlete and coach during Olympic weight lifting training or a cross training On-Ramp!
KNURLED- This technique bar has a standard knurling with dual knurl-free guide marks to ensure a strong, firm grip on the barbell during technique training. This simulates the feel of a steel Olympic barbell for an easy transition! No center knurl.
ADDITIONAL- This training barbell should not be used for max effort lifts - the OB-72T Technique Barbell should only be used for training purposes for kids and new athletes at lighter weight. 28mm diameter, measuring 72" in total length.
The idea behind the Valor Fitness OB-72T Technique Bar is to let new athletes learn the basics of weightlifting with a bar that is light enough so they can develop these skills in the most effective way possible. Weighing 6.8 kg (15 lb) with a 34,000 PSI tensile strength, the OB-72T is the perfect bar to ensure beginners start on the right foot with their weightlifting technique training. Featuring sleeves with fine grooves, users can be sure that plates will not slide during their technique training.
The standard knurling with dual knurl-free guide marks ensure athletes have a firm grip on the bar. The Technique Bar is 28 mm in diameter, measuring 72” in total length with 9” of loadable sleeve length on each side. The max load for this unit is 100 lb, although it is recommended that the user switch from the aluminum OB-72T Technique Bar to a standard Olympic barbell to avoid any unnecessary bend or other damage. Please note that this bar should not be used during max effort lifts. Perfect for use with the Valor Fitness BP-TF Foam Training Bumper Plates. The OB-72T is perfect for new weightlifters in their home gym or in box and light-commercial gym settings where many new clients may need to sharpen their technique before moving to heavier barbells.
The Valor Fitness Warranty covers all products for intended use only. Any misuse of or modifications made to Valor Fitness products will void your warranty. If you encounter a problem, give us a call at (727) 895-9525 or email us at info@ValorFitness.com, and we will gladly take care of you.
Bars: 3-year warranty under use with specified weight load guidelines as outlined in the product listing and under proper use- see notes below. *Note: Under normal use (bench press, deadlifts, squats, etc.) the Olympic bars will last years. Recently, with the growth in the Cross Training industry, workouts involve dropping the bars repetitively. Bars with a bolted end (as opposed to a bearing) are not meant to be dropped, as the bolt will eventually un-thread.
- Bumper Plates 2-year warranty under normal use. *Note: 10 and 15 lb bumper plates are NOT designed or intended to be dropped on the bar without any additional weight plates. Product testing and development has shown that by dropping an Olympic Bar while using only 10 or 15 lb plates can result in damage and compromise the integrity of the plate. Using at least a 25 lb plate in conjunction with the 10 or 15 lb plates will prevent this damage. Furthermore, Valor Fitness warranty does not cover damage to the 10 or 15 lb plates caused by this improper use nor damage to plates caused by resting the bar on the floor using only 10 or 15 lb plates, which can result in similar damage.
- Olympic Plates: 3-year warranty under normal, intended use. Warranty does not cover damage from substituting Olympic plates as bumper plates, nor does warranty cover damage caused by dropping or slamming plates.
- Racks/RIGS: 3-year frame, 1-year hardware.
- Chin Up Bars: 5-year warranty under normal use. Warranty does not cover damage caused by exposure to the elements (rust, etc.).
- Fitness Machines: 3-year frame, 2-year pad, 2-year cable, 1-year pulley, 1-year popper pin, 1-year hardware.
- Kettlebells: 3-year warranty under normal, intended use. Warranty does not cover damage caused by dropping or throwing.
- Lifting Chains / Collars: 5-year warranty.
- Misc. Items: 1-year warranty on all items not specified herein. Warranty covers defects in manufacturing. Warranty does not cover any misuse of products.
Valor Fitness warranty may require the item to be returned to Valor Fitness at the owner’s expense for inspection. Images of damage to products may be required to be emailed to us prior to issuing a return authorization. Warranty issued to the original purchaser only – nontransferable. Proof of purchase may be required for warranty claims. Valor Fitness retains the right to inspect the item(s) and determine the best method to make our customer whole, either by replacing the item(s) with an exact or similar item(s), or partial or full refund. All warranty claims must be made within the specified period as noted.
Warranty terms are specified above and begin from date of purchase to the original purchaser only, nontransferable. Any claim made during this warranty period does not extend the warranty. In other words, a new warranty period does not start over again once a product has been repaired or replaced. The original warranty period still stands and will expire as stated above.
Please call (727) 895-9525 to make a warranty claim. Customers may also email Valor Fitness at info@ValorFitness.com. This warranty is intended to supersede any previous warranty either written or implied by all third parties or Valor Athletics Inc.