Regardless of experience, strength, or skill level, you can always continue to work on your weight lifting technique! Squats are a common workout to create power, strength, and explosiveness while improving mobility, and one way to improve your squatting technique/form is by implementing box squats in your training!
- HEAVY DUTY SQUAT BOX- The SQ-BOX Squat Box is constructed of steel for strength and durability to withstand any intense squat workout. The 17.75" x 17.75" top platform of this squat box has a steel diamond plate construction to ensure it is up to the test of heavy box squats in your gym!
- TEACH/MAINTAIN SQUAT TECHNIQUE- No matter your skill level/experience, it is always important to work on your lifting technique! Learning to sit back in your squat movement is important for both squat performance and preventing injury. As you get used to sitting back onto the box, it will be second nature, so you can transfer this technique/form to squats without a box!
- BUILD STRENGTH AND POWER- Box squats are a great tool to develop your posterior chain - this exercise puts the stress on the glutes, hamstrings, and lower back to make it a very hip dominant work out. Our squat box will also help you increase your explosiveness and power out of the hole/bottom of your squat! Can also be used as a box step exercise platform or in place of a bench for Bulgarian split squats!
- ADJUSTABLE- This squat box has 2 adjustable uprights to meet the needs of multiple users. With a 5" range of adjustment, the screw pin and lock catch allow you to adjust the squat box to your preferred height so you can get the proper range of motion/depth. The SQ-BOX is adjustable from 11" to 16" high. The pin and lock catch also keep the box in a stable position so it will not give or move as you sit back into your squat on the box.
- ADDITIONAL- Note: NOT meant to be used as a plyo box or for box jumps. Footprint measures 18.25" x 22.5", with a maximum adjustable height of 16". Meant for home, box, and light-commercial gym use. Max weight load of 750 lb (including users body weight). Ideal for power lifting, weight lifting, cross training, or anybody who wants to improve their squat!
The Valor Fitness SQ-BOX Adjustable Squat Box is a strong piece of workout equipment with a 17.75" x 17.75" top platform that teaches you to sit back into your squat. This is vital for squat help, by improving your squat performance while also serving to prevent injury. The difference between free squats and box squats is pretty simply: instead of moving directly from eccentric phase (the descent into the squat) to concentric phase (ascent from the squat) in a free squat, now you squat directly onto a platform between the eccentric and concentric phase.
In free squats you can take advantage from the spring of the eccentric phase to almost bounce back to the top. But with box squats, you no longer have this advantage and instead you are forced to begin your ascent back to the top of the rep from a stopping point with no momentum - this will directly increase power and explosiveness of your posterior chain so you can explode out of the bottom position in your free squats! Because of this, it is important to note that box squats should not replace free squats, but instead it should be supplemented and added to your training to improve your free squat!
With a footprint of 18.25" x 22.25", the SQ-BOX Squat Box has a 5" range of height adjustment, with a minimum height of 11" and a maximum of 16". The included screw pin and lock catch allow you to adjust the Squat Box to your preferred height to ensure you get the proper range of motion/depth in your box squat. The pin and lock catch also serve as a safety measure, by keeping the Squat Box in a stable position so it will not give or move as you sit back into your squat onto the box. Max weight load of 750 lb.
|SKU||Product Name||Shipping Weight (lbs)||Box Length (in)||Box Width (in)||Box Height (in)||Assembled Dimensions (LxWxH in inches)|
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.