You have no items in your shopping cart.
Bench Press Stands for Home Gyms
The Valor Fitness BD-2 Independent Bench Press Stands, designed explicitly for the Bench Press movement, requires using either a flat or incline bench as they are not compatible with the squatting function. Constructed of high quality 12-gauge steel with a 2"x 2" solid frame, the BD-2 was designed intentionally for the weight load of up to 500lbs to be directed downward, providing more stability.
Features and Benefits:
- HEAVY DUTY: Constructed of 12-gauge 2” x 2” steel frame with telescoping uprights. Each foot of each stand encased with rubber end caps for stability and floor protection. Storage pegs add further stability when loaded.
- J-HOOKS: J-hook bar catch to rest the bar when not in use. Locking bar catch on J-hook locks bar in place while changing place to ensure user safety.
- SAFETY CATCH: Protects user in the event the lift cannot be completed. Each safety catch measures 9.75” long and 1.75" wide. Protective rubber strip to protect bar from scratching.
- ADJUSTABLE: 9 adjustable positions for uprights, 16” range of adjustments (adjusts with popper pin). 12 adjustable positions for safety catch, 11” range of adjustments (adjusts with locking pin). Height of unit ranges from 33.75” to 49.5”.
- ADDITIONAL: 7” plate storage pegs allow for a clean and organized home gym. Designed specifically for bench press function. To accommodate standard Olympic barbell, stands should be placed 27.5” inches apart to bring total width of footprint to 56.5”. Max weight load of 500 lb.
BD-2, Bench Press Stands: Product Video
The BD-2 Bench Press' Uprights provide a wide range of height adjustments for the user, from a minimum height of 33.75" from floor to a maximum height of 49.5", with 9 different adjustment heights. Likewise, the safety bar catches provide a minimum height of 21” from the floor to a maximum height of 31” with 12 different adjustable positions and feature a protective rubber strip to protect the bar upon the use of the safety catches. Each upright includes the bar latch feature, which secures the bar to the upright while changing out the plates as well as two 1” standard plate storage pegs on each upright for added stability and support during use. Space-saving is key with this piece of equipment, making it ideal for any home or commercial gym as the uprights nest for effective storage.
|SKU||Product Name||Shipping Weight (lbs)||Box Length (in)||Box Width (in)||Box Height (in)||Assembled Dimensions (LxWxH in inches)|
|BD-2||Independent Bench Press Stands||66||35||25||5||56.5x28.5x33.75-49.5|
Some of our most asked questions.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
Can you explain why these would not work for squats? is it just the height that stand extends to or is there another feature that is on the BD 8 or 9 that makes it better for squatting? I am only 63’ tall so am thinking the max height on these may work fine for me.
Since the BD-2 doesn't have as much height as the other stands it can be challenging depending on your height but you can do squats with the BD-2 stands if it works for your height.
Can these be used for decline bench press?
Yes, the BD-2 can be used for decline bench press. The minimum height for the top bar hook is 33.75" and if needed the safety catch can be utilized as well which is lower in height.
As owner of a Valor Fitness BD-9 squat stand I have the following question: Does the safety catch of these BD-2 bench press stands fit into my BD-9 stand? I have a recurrent lower back issue and I am looking for a solution to perform shoulder pushes without the necessity to lift the barbell from the ground to shoulder height at the beginning of every series, if you get my meaning. The J-hooks of my BD-9 are too narrow to be comfortable for this purpose. I need a wide catch to put down or pick up the bar in a second without much aiming.
Unfortunately, the safety catches from the BD-2 are not meant to fit with any other item.
Can these be used as squat stands for someone who is 5'5?
It is not recommended for squatting, but if you start from the bottom position of the squat, it will work (although making the exercise considerably more difficult).
For squat stands, we would recommend the BD-8 or the BD-9.
At Valor Fitness, we take pride in our customer service and our products. If you are not fully satisfied with your purchase, please contact us within 30 days of receipt. (Please click HERE for our Return Request Form)
Customers are responsible for return shipping costs, unless deemed by Valor Fitness staff. Returns are subject to return shipping and/or restocking fees. Any parts missing from the return will result in additional fees. Any return shipping and additional fees will be deducted from your refund.
All returns must be new and in unused condition with original packaging.
Items not eligible for returns or exchanges:
- Final Sale Items
Customers are responsible for ensuring that boxes are packaged and taped to be suitable for return transit.
Returned items will be inspected upon arrival to ensure the product is in new condition and not missing any parts.
Refunds will be applied directly to the card used at time of purchase. There is no exception. Please allow the bank 5 to 7 business days for the refund to process once the item is received.