A common issue with some plate storage pegs is that they are not always big enough to fit the plates that you own. This can become a problem when there is too much open space between the opening of the plate and the storage peg, and this can often be a safety hazard when your plates aren't properly secured to your weight plate holder. If this is an issue in your home gym, take advantage of the Valor Fitness EX-10 Olympic Adapter Sleeve that converts 1" standard plate posts to 2" Olympic plate posts.
- FITS OLYMPIC WEIGHT PLATES- The EX-10 converts 1" standard weight pegs to 2" Olympic weight plate posts, ensuring your Olympic plates have a snug fit when put away for storage or when adding weight to your machine.
- SAFE- Ensures your Olympic plates will not slide or shift during your workout or when used on a weight plate holder. Can also accommodate 2" weight clips (not included) for further security of plates, if required.
- EASILY SECURED- This Olympic Adapter Sleeve features a hex bolt lock-down for long lasting performance and security to your weight storage pegs. Includes a hex key for easy installation and a secure fit on standard plate posts.
- HEAVY-DUTY CONSTRUCTION- The EX-10 is constructed of carbon steel for strength and durability. Measures 9" long with 8" of usable length on anything from a lat pull down machine or calf raise machine to a weight tree.
- ADDITIONAL- Sold as an individual Olympic Adapter Sleeve. To ensure the EX-10 fits, the 1" standard peg must be at least 7" long - the EX-10 has a shaft inside that the 1" peg must pass through to be secured.
Constructed of carbon steel, the EX-10 is a heavy-duty attachment that ensures your Olympic plates fit snug on your standard plate posts that are just too small to properly store larger plates, whether it be on cable machine or a plate storage tree. Measuring 9" long with 8" of usable length, this Olympic adapter sleeve can accommodate rubber bumper plates, cast iron weights, or steel plates if they have a 2" opening. To ensure the EX-10 fits, the 1" standard plate post must be at least 7" long as the unit has a shaft inside that the peg must pass through to be secured, which is done with a hex bolt locking feature. Sold individually, your purchase of the EX-10 includes a hex key for easy installation to your plate storage pegs.
|SKU||Product Name||Shipping Weight (lbs)||Box Length (in)||Box Width (in)||Box Height (in)|
|EX-10||Olympic Sleeve Adapter||1||11||6||2|
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
Hi the 1" post that I would like to use the adapter on is 6.5" long, would that work? I read that 7" was the minimum.
As 7" is the minumum length, it appears the weight peg you would like to use the EX-10 with would not be long enough, unfortunately.
Will this work on a standard 1" bar? Olymipic plates are easier to find!
It may work on a 1" bar, but we would recommend avoiding to allow the bar with the EX-10 attached to touch the ground. This item works extremely well for storage pegs and weight pegs on machines - it should work on a bar, but we do not recommend allowing the bar or the plates on the bar to make contact with the floor.
(1) Is the end cap made of plastic? (2) If the end cap falls off, does it push on or screw on? If it's a push on cap, I'll just super glue it back on. Thanks.
The end cap is plastic. It is securely fastened to the sleeve, but it is a push-on cap.
Will this fit a CC4 leg machine
Yes, the EX-10 will fit the CC-4.
I have the bd62, and I need the ex10. Do I need to order 2 ex10s coz they're sold individually?
Thanks for your question! The EX-10's are sold individually, so you may purchase however many you need.
Does this work with the BD62 wall cable system? Thanks
Thanks for your question! Yes, the EX-10 is just an adapter and will work with anything that has a 1" peg.
The BD-62 holds Standard Plates but is commonly used with Olympic Plates as shown in photos. The EX-10 Olympic Adapter Sleeve and the Valor Fitness SC-1 Spring Clips can also be purchased separately to secure Olympic Sized Plates.
Would this fit the Valor Fitness BD-9 Squat Rack?
Thanks for your question! Yes, the EX-10 Adapter is compatible with the BD-9.